Lung Cancer in Non-Smokers
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- Thun MJ, Hannan LM, Adams-Campbell LL, Boffetta P, Buring JE, Feskanich D, Flanders WD, Jee SH, Katanoda K, Kolonel LN, Lee IM, Marugame T, Palmer JR, Riboli E, Sobue T, Avila-Tang E, Wilkens LR, Samet JM. Lung cancer occurrence in never-smokers: an analysis of 13 cohorts and 22 cancer registry studies. PLoS Med. 2008 Sep 30;5(9):e185.
- American Cancer Society. Accessed online on 8/17/16 at http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/features/why-lung-cancer-strikes-nonsmokers.
- Medscape. Accessed online on 8/17/16 at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/850708.
- Gazdar AF, Thun MJ. Lung cancer, smoke exposure, and sex. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:469–471.
- American Lung Association. Accessed online on 8/2/16 at http://www.lung.org.
- Dela Cruz CS, Tanoue LT, Matthay RA. Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology, and prevention. Clin Chest Med. 2011;32:605-644.