Lung Cancer in Women
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Accessed online on 8/18/16 at http://www.cdc.gov/.
- American Cancer Society. Accessed online on 8/18/16 at http://www.cancer.org/cancer/lungcancer-non-smallcell/detailedguide/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-key-statistics.
- Medscape. Accessed online on 8/18/16 at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/713744.
- SEER Cancer Statistics Factsheets: Lung and Bronchus Cancer. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Accessed online on 8/1/16 at http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/lungb.html.
- Chakraborty S, Ganti AK, Marr A, Batra SK. Lung cancer in women: role of estrogens. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2010 Aug;4(4):509-518. doi: 10.1586/ers.10.50.
- Gazdar AF, Thun MJ. Lung cancer, smoke exposure, and sex. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:469–471.