Lung Cancer Specialists
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- Harrold, LR, Field TS, Gurwitz JH. Knowledge, patterns of care, and outcomes of care for generalists and specialists. J Gen Intern Med. 1999 Aug;14(8):499-511.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Accessed online on 8/19/16 at http://ctsurgerypatients.org/what-is-a-cardiothoracic-surgeon.
- Kuntz CA. Thoracic surgical oncology. Clin Tech Small Anim Pract. 1998 Feb;13(1):47-52. doi: 10.1016/S1096-2867(98)80027-3.
- CancerCare. Accessed online on 8/18/16 at http://www.lungcancer.org/find_information/publications/163-lung_cancer_101/275-treatment_team.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology. Accessed online on 8/19/16 at http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/cancer-basics/cancer-care-team/types-oncologists.
- National Cancer Institute. Accessed online on 8/19/16 at http://www.cancer.gov/.
- American Association for Respiratory Care. Accessed online on 8/19/16 at http://www.aarc.org/careers/what-is-an-rt/.
- National Association of Social Workers. Accessed online on 8/19/16 at https://www.socialworkers.org/pressroom/features/general/profession.asp.
- Otis-Green S, Sidhu RK, Del Ferraro C, Feerrell B. Integrating social work into palliative care for lung cancer patients and families: a multi-dimensional approach. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2014;32(4):431-446. doi: 10.1080/07347332.2014.917140.
- Brown CG, Brodsky J, Cataldo JK. Lung cancer stigma, anxiety, depression and quality of life. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2014:32(1):59-73. doi: 10.1080/07347332.2013.855963.
- Montazeri A, Milroy R, Hole D, McEwen J, Gillis CR. Anxiety and depression in patients with lung cancer before and after diagnosis: findings from a population in Glasgow, Scotland. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1998:52:203-204.