This Dark and Heady Brew
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The LungCancer.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Coffee Can Lower Your Risk of Death … Even If You Drink Decaf. Healthline. July 10, 2017. Available at: http://www.healthline.com/health-news/coffee-can-lower-your-risk-of-death
- Gunter MJ, Murphy N, Cross AJ, Dossus L, Dartois L, Fagherazzi G, et al. Coffee Drinking and Mortality in 10 European Countries: A Multinational Cohort Study. Ann Intern Med. [Epub ahead of print 11 July 2017] doi: 10.7326/M16-2945. Available at: http://annals.org/aim/article/2643435/coffee-drinking-mortality-10-european-countries-multinational-cohort-study
- Is Coffee Consumption Associated With Lower Risk for Death?. Ann Intern Med. [Epub ahead of print 11 July 2017] doi: 10.7326/P17-9041. Available at: http://annals.org/aim/article/2643437/coffee-consumption-associated-lower-risk-death
- Freedman, N., et. al. Association of Coffee Drinking with Total and Cause-Specific Mortality. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:1891-1904May 17, 2012DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1112010. Available at: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1112010
- Cavin, C. et. al. Cafestol and kahweol, two coffee specific diterpenes with anticarcinogenic activity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2002 Aug;40(8):1155-63. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12067578
- Lee, K. et. al. Natural diterpenes from coffee, cafestol and kahweol induce apoptosis through regulation of specificity protein 1 expression in human malignant pleural mesothelioma. Journal of Biomedical Science201219:60 DOI: 10.1186/1423-0127-19-60. Available at: https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1423-0127-19-60