Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: October 2018.
- MedlinePlus. National Institutes of Health. Accessed online on 10/6/16 at https://medlineplus.gov/magazine/issues/winter08/articles/winter08pg4.html.
- McGee R. Does stress cause cancer? BMJ. 1999 Oct 16;319(7216):1015-1016.
- Speca M, Carlson LE, Goodey E, Angen M. A randomized, wait-list controlled clinical trial: the effect of a mindfulness meditation-based stress reduction program on mood and symptoms of stress in cancer outpatients. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2000 Sept/Oct 62(5):613-622.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. National Institutes of Health. Accessed online on 10/6/16 at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health.
- Montgomery GH, Schnur JB, Kravits K. Hypnosis for cancer care: over 200 years young. CA Cancer J Clin. 2013 Jan;63(1):31-44.
- CancerCare. Accessed online on 10/6/16 at http://www.cancercare.org/publications/54-relaxation_techniques_and_mind_body_practices_how_they_can_help_you_cope_with_cancer.
- Chandrasekar D, Tribett E, Ramchandran K. Integrated palliative care and oncologic care in non-small-cell lung cancer. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2016 May;17(5):23.