Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- American Lung Association. Accessed online on 8/2/16 at http://www.lung.org.
- Addressing the Stigma of Lung Cancer, American Lung Association. Accessed online on 11/4/16 at http://www.lung.org/assets/documents/research/addressing-the-stigma-of-lung-cancer.pdf.
- It’s Not Your Fault: Dealing with Guilt after a Lung Cancer Diagnosis, Nathan Pennell, MD, PhD. Accessed online on 11/6/16 at http://health.usnews.com/health-news/patient-advice/articles/2015/06/03/its-not-your-fault-dealing-with-guilt-after-a-lung-cancer-diagnosis.
- Medscape. Accessed online on 11/6/16 at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/809092.
- LoConte NK, Else-Quest NM, Eickhoff J, Hyde J, Schiller JH. Assessment of guilt and shame in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer compared with patients with breast and prostate cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2008 May;9(3):171-8. doi: 10.3816/CLC.2008.n.026.