Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed online on 10/14/16 at http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm195635.htm.
- Nutrition in the Patient with Lung Cancer, Caring Ambassadors Program. Accessed online on 10/14/16 at http://lungcancercap.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Chapter_8_2014.pdf.
- Chandrasekar D, Tribett E, Ramchandran K. Integrated palliative care and oncologic care in non-small-cell lung cancer. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2016 May;17(5):23.
- Suzuki H, Asakawa A, Amitani H, Nakamura N, Inui A. Cancer cachexia – pathophysiology and management. J Gastroenterol. 2013 May;48(5):574-594.
- Inui A. Cancer anorexia-cachexia syndrome: current issues in research and management. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2002 Mar;52: 72–91. doi:10.3322/canjclin.52.2.72
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Accessed online on 10/14/16 at http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/lung-cancer.
- Dela Cruz CS, Tanoue LT, Matthay RA. Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology, and prevention. Clin Chest Med. 2011;32:605-644.
- Goralczyk R. Beta-carotene and lung cancer in smokers: review of hypotheses and status of research. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61(6):767-74. doi: 10.1080/01635580903285155.