Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. National Institutes of Health. Accessed online on 10/6/16 at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health.
- Deng GE, Rausch SM, Jones LW, Gulati A, Kumar NB, Greenlee H, Pietanza MC, Cassileth BR. Complementary therapies and integrative medicine in lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Chest. 2013 May;143(5 Suppl):e420S-36S.
- Acupuncture, Mayo Clinic. Accessed online on 10/8/16 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/acupuncture/basics/definition/prc-20020778.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center. Accessed online on 10/8/16 at https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/cancerwise/2011/10/acupuncture-for-symptom-management.html
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Accessed online on 10/8/16 at http://blog.dana-farber.org/insight/2015/01/how-integrative-therapies-can-help-lung-cancer-patients/.
- American Cancer Society. Accessed online on 10/8/16 at http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/physicalsideeffects/chemotherapyeffects/peripheralneuropathy/peripheral-neuropathy-caused-by-chemotherapy-what-is-cipn.
- Kasymjanova G, Grossman M, Tran T, Jagoe RT, Cohen V, Pepe C, Small D, Agulnik J. The potential role for acupuncture in treating symptoms in patients with lung cancer: an observational longitudinal study. Curr Oncol. 2013 Jun; 20(3): 152–157. doi: 10.3747/co.20.1312.
- Lung Cancer Foundation. Accessed online on 10/8/16 at https://www.lungcancerfoundation.org/2013/08/acupuncture-reduces-pain-in-lung-cancer-patients-new-findings/.