Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: January 2017.
- American Lung Association. Accessed online on 8/2/16 at http://www.lung.org.
- Dela Cruz CS, Tanoue LT, Matthay RA. Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology, and prevention. Clin Chest Med. 2011;32:605-644.
- American Cancer Society. Accessed online on 8/2/16 at http://www.cancer.org/.
- SEER Cancer Statistics Factsheets: Lung and Bronchus Cancer. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Accessed online on 8/2/16 at http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/lungb.html.
- Goralczyk R. Beta-carotene and lung cancer in smokers: review of hypotheses and status of research. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61(6):767-74. doi: 10.1080/01635580903285155.
- Neugut AI, Murray T, Santos J, Amols H, Hayes MK, Flannery JT, Robinson E. Increased risk of lung cancer after breast cancer radiation therapy in cigarette smokers. Cancer. 1994;73(6):1615-20.